Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Long time no post...

 Starting with Collegiate Road Nationals..... I didnt post anything about those yet since I last started writing so I thought I would tell everyone about how we did. The weekend was probably the best it could have been with our TTT consisting of Andrew Talansky, Mike Anderson, John Doyle and myself taking a strong 3rd place overall. No it wasn't complete domination like we all had hoped but we are determined more than ever to hopefully show everyone what's up next year. The next day was the RR and it was very exciting to be able to help the team out and watch from the sidelines. We had an awesome team racing in both the men's and women's races and I knew that we had an awesome chance of doing well this day. So the races started with the women's race, and Carla Swart ended up winning the breakaway group sprint after playing her cards right the whole race and finally laying down the law at the end. Just when our team thought that nothing could be better that day, Andrew Talansky crossed the line with his arms up earning himself a stars and stripes jersey as well, out sprinting his breakaway partner in the sprint after a devastating move on the last climb. Lastly the crit the last day proved to be a fast course and with high places from the LMC squad, we sealed the deal for the team omnium national championship. All I can say is that red, white, and blue looks great with the LMC colors! 
Now I'm back in Minnesota and it feels great to see everyone again. I've been doing some road racing such as the Opus Crit, and the Duluth Classic Stage Race (See my sisters blog for race updates) which have both been very fun and competitive races. I received my upgrade to Cat. 2 so I will be doing more road races this summer but I am also looking forward to the Minnesota mtb series that holds some great races as well. Well I believe that is all for now and hopefully I can get some pictures up of some racing.
Later,
Jens

2 comments:

Preston said...

so you tell us to see your sister's blog for race updates...well thats sorda hard when there's no link to it...lame

Thompsonej said...

haha its a trick!